- Julian E. Mack Professor of Physics
- Undergraduate Institution: Rice University, B.S. 1956
- Graduate Institution: Harvard University, M.A. 1957, Ph.D. 1960
- Year joined group: 1960
- Interesting facts:
- 1993 IEEE Particle Accelerator Technology Award winner, for invention
and development of optically pumped H- ion source
- Wilmer is well known for his NCAA Football Poll, oddly it is not included in the BCS system*.
- The website for WilmerFest 2003 is here.
* Any reference to the BCS or any other poll should in no way be construed as
implying a level of moral equivalence.
back to bio page... return to home page